2.28.2008

Our sick babies

Well our little girls are sick! They have the worst coughs and runny noses ever! Audrey is a bit worse then Abby, I think that is due to age. Well things were going O.K. until Monday night. Audrey stared having problems breathing, so I headed out to the emergency room with her. I left Levi and Abby at home, because neither of them were feeling well. We got to the ER at 9:00pm and didn't leave until 1:30am!! It was a really long night to say the least. When we got there the nurse took all her vital signs and insurance info, and from the very beginning Audrey was not happy. Every time someone walked in the room, she would fall apart, sobbing before they even touched her. It was a little comical, but really sad too! Well the Dr. came in and checked her. She ordered a breathing treatment, an oral steroid (both to help with the breathing) and a test for RSV. Well she didn't do very well with any of it except the oral steroid, she loves medicine! The breathing treatment wasn't bad, but when they brought in the stick to test for RSV, I was a little worried! It was about 7 inches long and they used it to swab her nose. I think swab is too nice of a word! Anyway after all the treatments and about an hour wait, the Dr. ordered a chest X-ray. This I thought I could handle...I was wrong! They took Audrey and put her in this hard plastic straight jacket thing, her arms were straight up in the air against her head. She was squished so tight that she couldn't move even if she wanted to! Needless to say she was hysterically crying and looking at me with the saddest eyes ever! I felt so helpless, I wanted to rip that thing off and just cuddle her, and that's what I did after the X-rays were taken! Well after another long wait, the Dr. came in and said she was sending us home with a Nebulizer. Audrey's breathing and X-rays were not good, she was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis and the tests are still out on the RSV. So now we are home and are doing breathing treatments every 4 hours. She still doesn't like them, but she is getting better at it. Hopefully she will continue to get better. I can't wait for summer time, so we can get away from all this sickness!!!

5 comments:

WHAT NEWS WITH THE BEUTS said...

That's no fun to have sick babies, I hope they get well real soon.

Angie Marchbanks said...

We are so sorry that the girls are sick. It is no fun watching your little girl get strapped to a board. They had to do that when Sadie got stitches in her mouth. I sat and cried and made Matt be up next to her. I couldn't handle it. I hope the test for RSV comes back negative. We will be praying for you all. Love ya Angie

Gage and Meg said...

Gage told me your girls were very sick; I'm so sorry! That story about the emergency room made me so sad! If there is anything we can do to help, let us know!

Chelsey said...

So sad! Brynlee got sick right before we went home for christmas and I took her to the doc and to make a long story short they sent her home with a nebulizer as well. But they never told me what she had. But I bet it was RSV as well. It is rough for awhile. What worked for us was a humidifier. It makes it a little chilly in the room, but it opens up their airway and it makes them feel better. Try it.

jacksonhaleywarrenandhaus said...

Good luck are prayers are with them it is sooo hard to have a sick baby. I love to see what you guys are up to. Haley