10.22.2008

The Amazing Corn Maze!!

So for those of you that don't know I got a new calling... I am the Young Women's first councilor! I really don't know what I am doing, but I just try to have fun with the girls (which is easy) and hopefully the rest I will learn with time.
Well this last week we went to The Amazing Corn Maze! It is in North Idaho, which is only about 20 minutes from Spokane. We had a great turn out 6 girls...we only have about 9 active girls, so we were really excited! Levi was right in the middle of Mid Terms so I took the girls with me. We had such a fun time and Abby thought she was so big. She got to hold the flash light and walk with the young women! Audrey on the other hand was another story...she loved it, but I had a hard time pushing the stroller! ( Note to self NEVER take a stroller to a corn maze!) It was ridiculous! I would push for a while and then one of my young women (Ashley) would take over, so I could rest! It was quite a workout!! Well as you can see from the picture below...the stroller didn't make it out alive! We lost a wheel...I think we were as far from the entrance as you could get when it fell off and there was no fixing it! So Ashley and I carried the stroller out and let me tell you we thought the workout was good before...well I don't think I need to exercise for the next month!! Other than that the night was great!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Wrights said...

Oh no!! Your poor stroller. Good thing you had those cute girls there to help you. Congrats on your calling. Looks like you all had a fun time. You look beautiful! Love ya

Anonymous said...

All that and you are still smiling. I'm sure you are awesome in that calling

The Carter Family said...

That is so perfect for you. You will be great and the girls will LOVE you

Ben and Rachel said...

Congratulations on your new calling! You'll be great at that. Looks like it is starting to get chilly there, as it is here!

Sylvia said...

The part I'm confused about is, how do you still look like you're one of the YW, instead of their leader with two children??? You're too cute, and so are your girls!!

Bummer about your stroller, though...